If you only think of a denim jacket as something to throw over a t-shirt, we hope this post will change your mind. Just as blue jeans can be dressed up and down, denim jackets are actually quite versatile. Paired with basic black pants and trench coat, a denim jacket can feel casually sophisticated. Throw a denim jacket over a camo blazer to give a peek of on-trend pattern. And since they work perfectly for fall, here are five ways to pull it off during this most amazing of seasons. Check out these tips from Jason of Captain Dapper.
1. This is the perfect collection for all those fall weekends spent in pumpkin patches and hayrides.
Lived-in Skinny Khaki from Gap $59.95 | Slim Broken In Short Sleeve Henley from J.Crew $34.50 | Owen Denim Jacket from J Brand $295 | Down Field Jacket from Eddie Bauer $199
2. I'm a big fan of mixing patterns. For the pattern shy, you'll only get a hint of the camo blazer under the trucker jacket.
Rodeo Trouser from Mr. Turk $288 | Benjamin Blue Oxford Shirt from Ernest Alexander $135 | Green Camouflage Skinny Blazer from TopMan $80 | Commuter Trucker Jacket from Levi's $128
3. With or without a tie, this is a great look for a chilly, rainy day of fall meetings.
Navy Work Day Wool Pants from Bonobos $165 | White Cotton Shirt from H&M $39.95 | American Made Denim Jacket from Abercrombie & Fitch $200 | Khaki Double Breasted Trench from Top Man
4. This is a look that says, "I just rode my motorcycle through the desert. Now, get me a drink."
William Rast Davis Tapered Jeans from JC Penney $19.99 | Striped Long Sleeve Henley from American Eagle $29.95 | Icon Denim Jacket from Lucky Brand $129 | Natural Leather Moto Jacket from Todd Snyder $1,295
5. A big bulky shawl neck sweater is a perfect top layer for this colorful casual look.
Slim-Fit Corduroy Trousers from Mr. Porter $335 | Short Sleeve Crew Neck T-Shirt from Sunspel $70 | 1969 Heritage Denim Jacket from Gap $79.95 | Structured Cable Cardigan from Scotch and Soda $259
Sign up for our FREE newsletter
Get the best ManMade posts delivered right to your inbox!